1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a 22CM oven safe fry-pan, heat oil and cook the sliced onions, potatoes and a pinch of salt on medium heat until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
3. Using the same fry-pan and the remaining oil, fry off the shallots and asparagus tips for a minute, stirring a few times.
4. Add the spinach and mix through for 30 seconds, then add the potato and onion back into the pan.
5. In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the eggs over the vegetable mix in the fry-pan.
7. Break up the ricotta cheese and sprinkle over the egg mixture in the centre of the pan, or scatter evenly around the whole top of the mixture.
8. Cook for approximately 3 minutes until the base of the egg has just cooked – do not overcook as it will burn and stick to the base.
9. Place the fry-pan in the oven and cook for another 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are just set.
10. Season with fresh thyme and serve warm with creme fraiche.
Recipe & Photography by Yvonne Baldan, Sutherland Shire Cooking School.
Print Your Shopping List
© All Rights Reserved Sutherland Shire Cooking School 2016