- 12 eggs
- 8 bacon rashers – short cut, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ cup milk
- 80g good quality puff pastry
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 tsp chives
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a pie dish with oil and line the dish with puff pastry.
- In a fry pan, add a knob of butter and add leeks, garlic, bacon and fry until golden brown. Let cool slightly then add half to the pie dish.
- Take the asparagus and chop in half and place on top of the leek mixture. Carefully crack 6 eggs on top of the asparagus and leek.
- Crack the remaining eggs into a small bowl and add milk. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the eggs and leeks. Add chopped parsley, chives and the remaining leek mixture.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with a little milk and place the remaining puff pastry over the top, crimping the edges all the way around. Trim the pastry with a knife and brush the pastry with some milk.
- Place into the oven for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Recipe and Photography by Adeline & Lumiere
Print Your Shopping List